- About Dr. Mehta
- Media Clippings
- Contact Us
- It's called the modern day medical marvel. HIPEC, a first of its kind machine in India, has proved a life-saver for two Stage IV cancer patients and holds the promise to be a boon for other such cancer patients when the traditional intravenous chemotherapy treatment fails.
- Read more
The Surgical Oncologist
Dr. Sanket Mehta has been associated Bombay Hospital and Hiranandani Hospital. After completing his surgical training in LTMGH college (Sion, Mumbai), he underwent the basic oncosurgery training from Tata Memorial Hospital, a premier cancer institute in the country, performing numerous cancer surgeries.
- Clinical Fellow Laparoscopic and Robotic Colorectal surgery department, St. Mary's Hospital, Seoul, S. Korea.
- Clinical Fellow Digestive Oncology, CRLC Val d'Aurelle, Montellier, France
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar year 2009-2010
- Specialist Registrar GI and Thoracic Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital for the year 2009.
Areas of Specialization
Dr. Sanket Mehta is the first surgeon in India to treat peritoneal malignancies with Cytoreductive surgery and Hyperthermic Intra-peritoneal Chemotherapy using an advanced HIPEC system. He also specialises in Minimal Access (Laparoscopic) surgery for colo-rectal, urologic and gynaecologic malignancies.
- Cytoreductive surgery (CRS) and Hyperthermic Intra-peritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Laparoscopisc Gastro-intestinal and Gynaecologic Oncosurgery
- Minimal Access Surgery
- Gynaeconcology and Uroncology